We were heading off to Blossom's place for morning tea on Sunday and I had promised to bring our spare French Press as we never use it and Blossom will.
I retrieved the long unused glass coffee plunger from atop the kitchen cupboard, gave it a good scrub, and left it to dry while I went to work sewing a simple padded wrapper.
About two years ago (when I was still purchasing on impulse) I bought this cheery fabric on sale at a local quilt shop. I had no idea how I was going to use it at the time and no ideas have since sprung to mind either but I haven't been able to part with it because it truly makes me smile...
While scanning my fabric shelves for a print that would lift the blue trim of the French Press it was this one which caught my eye and couldn't be ignored.
There was no time to add a stitchery and in hindsight that was great because I was able to focus on the simplicity of this pretty gift/project, something I too often forget.
Simple simplicity can be rather sweet...
Half an hour later I had lifted this plain coffee plunger to new heights...
...and Blossom loved it.
There's still a good metre or more of the fabric left so I may trim some tea towels for Bloss or make a matching tea cosy - having the pretty theme run through her kitchen would be lovely.
Our own French Press is in need of a wrapper too so this week it will receive a dress all it's own.
I've got a neat idea that needs a little tweaking but if it works I'll share a tutorial with you.
What's something simple you have made recently for the kitchen or table? Sharing your ideas might help others (and me!) to follow your lead.
Have a lovely day, won't you?!
hugs







0 Yorumlar